And so is Nick!
Which is fantastic, since the very purpose of my existence these past couple of months has been to keep him that way.
Let me ask you something: are you aware that it’s already December? Because it’s taken me well over a week of being barraged by Christmas lights, trees and holiday-themed advertising to realize that it’s not October anymore. Somehow, that month has come and gone. And I’m pretty sure that for the very first time in history, November never happened at all.
So what have I been up to these past couple months? There’s been a lot of couch-sitting, daytime TV watching and not showering. And I’m exhausted. I guess I forgot to mention the feeding, pumping, soothing, playing and diaper changing.
On any given day, if you ask me what I’ve done during the past 12 hours, my response will most likely be “I have NO idea.” But you know what I actually did do? I survived. I may not know if it’s Monday or Saturday or what the weather is like outside, but I can tell you how many times Nick pooped and who the guests were on Ellen. So that’s something.
All in all, these past couple months have been pretty great. We’ve been blessed with a well-behaved kid who is exceptionally adorable and likes to sleep somewhat regularly.
Addendum: I started writing this post at the beginning of December. Two weeks later… it’s still not finished. This is pretty much how everything in my life is working right now. So while Nick is passed out in his swing, I’m going to hurry up and post this before he wakes up and another two weeks go by!
Oh, and here are some pics of Mr. Nickster because CUTENESS.
Wow. Hey blog! I kind of forgot about you. It’s been awhile since we last caught up. Not much has been going on with me, except that EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH ME.
Here’s a nice little rundown of things that have happened in my life over the past month and a half:
- Did I mention that my sister is also pregnant and due a week and a half before me? I’m going to assume no since a whole lot of nothing has been mentioned on this blog in the past few months. We’ve had fun comparing pregnancy notes, and it looks like her little guy (she’s having a boy too!) might be on his way sooner rather than later…!
- It’s safe to say that I am now two people in one. Not necessarily double the pleasure. But double the surface area? For sure.
- No, we haven’t completely finished settling into our new place. Don’t ask. Just know that there are framed pictures that are still not on the walls, and boxes where I still don’t want them. But progress has been made. Plus, I’m over it.
- I’ve been to five baby showers, four of which were in honor of me and my abdominal resident. We are currently digging out from the avalanche of baby gear that has been so generously thrust upon us.
- I’ve eaten my weight in peanut butter M&Ms and ice cream. And I weigh a lot now.
- I’ve finished a couple of freelance projects because it would be nice to have money again someday.
- Will and I spent a relaxing weekend in South Haven, Michigan. I love Michigan. Even when it’s 50 degrees at the end of July. Not sure what that was about. I can only speculate that Mother Nature somehow knows that I’m way more comfortable in a sweatshirt than a bathing suit these days. Thanks, lady!
- I’ve been shoved, beaten, bruised, poked, prodded, smacked and head-butted. From the inside. My organs are going to need therapy for post traumatic stress disorder.
- We had a housewarming/anniversary/pre-baby party, and people came! And possibly even had fun!
- We’ve taken some classes at the hospital where we learned that all you have to do to breastfeed is shove a boob in your baby’s face and that most of the post-delivery recovery rooms have lake views. I don’t know what I was so afraid of!
- OH YEAH–we also learned that labor for first-time moms is usually a never-ending hell. And there will be blood.
I’m 37 and a half weeks pregnant now, which I’m told means that the baby could technically come any day. So I’ve been sitting with my legs crossed very tightly and hoping that I have the Four Seasons of uteruses so that this kid will want to stay in there awhile longer. I’m not ready!!
Stay tuned for some baby pictures, it won’t be long now…
So in my last post (let’s not talk about how long ago that was…), I mentioned that things were a little crazy. Part of that was because we bought a condo and moved in at the beginning of July!
Our old apartment was in Old Town, and while we loved the neighborhood (LOVED!), we decided we needed more space and a place that would work better for us a little further down the road.
So now we’re in Lakeview, just a little north of where we lived before. We’ve been exploring the neighborhood, and really like it so far. It’s weird, but it’s exactly the kind of area I always imagined having a family–cute row houses and shaded sidewalks peppered with neighborhood restaurants and watering holes. Plus, there are dogs, pregnant women and people with strollers everywhere, so I have a feeling we’re going to fit in.
The condo itself is also pretty fantastic, at least compared to our old place. We have an in-unit washer and dryer! And it doesn’t require quarters! It’s amazing. Also (and this is the best part), we have THREE outdoor spaces–a big deck and two smaller balconies off the bedrooms. For someone like me who craves fresh air, it’s heaven.
The only thing is, we’re unpacking–still. So the place is kind of a mess right now. But, I took a few photos to give you a sneak peek…
I’ll post more when we get the place together. But honestly, I’d rather relax on my new deck than unpack boxes. So don’t expect that to happen for awhile…
Ok, now I believe there really is a baby in there.
Lil’ Irwin has made his presence known, and I am now being offered people’s seats on the train during my morning commute. Today I made an emergency trip to Old Navy because suddenly my pants don’t fit.
23 weeks down, 17 more to go…