Yes, this blog turned one year old on Feb. 15 and I didn’t post about it because I am officially a neglectful blogger.
Eh, I’m not too broken up about it. But it is weird to think that I’ve been doing this for a whole year already.
Last year, Feb. 15 was President’s Day, so Will and I both had the day off. I was still stewing about the fact that the day before (Valentine’s Day), Will was in recovery mode from the festivities of the previous night (I have no clue what those were), so we spent V-day laying on the couch and I drank a bottle of champagne by myself. I woke up on the 15th determined to do something productive with my day off so I got dressed, went to Borders and wrote my very first blog post. Then Will took me out to dinner, thanks to guilt. And the fact that he was hungry.
Feb. 15 one year later was a bit different. I woke up in Chicago, NOT St. Louis, hopped on a bus to work, spent my day writing and reviewing copy, went to Chipotle to grab dinner, got a pretty decent haircut, walked home, greeted Gatsby, worked on a freelance job, watched Gossip Girl and went to bed.
Reading between the lines of those descriptions, it’s pretty clear to me that a lot has changed in a year. President’s Day is falling a whole week later, for one thing. And my hair is shorter.
But really, my life (and consequently this blog), is a lot different than it was a year ago. Here’s a nice little recap of what’s happened between then and now:
- I started this blog (obvi)
- I turned 28
- The Hurt Locker won Best Picture (I watched it 6 months later)
- Thanks to the Winter Olympics, I decided that I want to go to Vancouver and Johnny Weir is awesome
- I got 4 good haircuts and 1 pretty bad one
- We went to a Bulls game
- I became addicted to Bethenny Getting Married. Also Giuliana and Bill.
- I ate fried green tomatoes and learned to decipher weird southern accents in Charleston, SC
- I was asked to run a promotion on my blog and thought “Yes, I can make big bucks off this thing!” and haven’t been contacted by anyone else since
- We lost Will’s grandpa (but not in spirit, of course)
- We bumped into the Jersey Shore cast in Miami
- I was introduced to a bar video game called Photo Hunt
- I held a baby
- We drank margaritas on the San Antonio Riverwalk. That’s also where I got this pesky cold that I’m pretty sure I still have.
- I watched my first World Cup game in its entirety and may have even cheered at one point (beer makes everything more fun)
- I made a Baby Bucket List, and have since checked off approximately one item
- Mel Gibson confirmed that he is, in fact, a racist, violent, alcoholic crazy man
- We went to several weddings, traveling to exotic places like Iowa and Kankakee, IL
- The Hills came to an end. However, bad reality TV in general did not (thank God)
- Gatsby inhaled an unhealthy amount of sand in Michigan
- We celebrated our 3 year anniversary by spending the day by the rooftop pool at the St. Louis Four Seasons (which has since become my “happy place”)
- I actually had fun at my 10 year high school reunion
- I baked
- Our nephew Levi was born
- Our niece Bethany was born
- We decided to move to Chicago. Half of us made it. (But the other half is on the way!)
- I started a new job and it’s pretty great
- I moved in with my parents
- I started a long distance relationship (with my husband, silly!)
- We became permanent residents of Chicago
- I survived a major blizzard
- I got tired of writing this list
Whew! What a year, what a year…
Hopefully in this next year of blogging, I’ll tell you about how Will got an awesome job here in Chicago and we went on amazing vacations to Europe and several tropical islands and we won the lottery and bought a fancy condo and we still don’t have kids. We’ll see…