WARNING: I’m having a Jessie Spano moment again.
Short work weeks are great, don’t get me wrong. I love not working on Mondays. But so far I’ve spent this week furiously typing, scurrying to meetings and still feeling like I’m not getting anything done.
Picture me waving my arms over my head, running aimlessly and bouncing off the walls of my 5×5 ft. cube (which luckily happen to be padded) desperately shouting out meaningless phrases like “Thanks for the update!” “Your check has been requested!” “Your chapter is overdue!” “Check out this hilarious video on YouTube!”
In my life right now, this disturbing scene can best be described as Thursday.
And yet, instead of working through lunch, I find myself writing a blog post.
But it’s going to be a short one.
What’s the most concise way to communicate a group of ideas? An organizational method beloved by Type A personalities all over the world?
Making a list!
And what season is it (almost)?
This is the primitive thought process that led to my decision to post a list of things I love about fall. Enjoy.
1. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I’m going to need one of these today.
2. No humidity. I hate humidity. And I get the impression that it hates me too. I don’t mess up people’s hair, give them a sticky sweat wedgie and choke them with hot air if I like them. If humidity does like me, it sure has a funny way of showing it.
3. The smell of burning leaves. It reminds me of Girl Scout Camp, which I actually hated and never went to in the fall. But I still love the smell. Explain that one to me.
4. Halloween. I might mix it up this year. Instead of going as a slutty <fill in the blank>, I’m bringing frumpy back. How about a dowdy cheerleader? A homely nurse? A sloppy school girl?
5. Sweaters. I love being wrapped up in a cozy cable knit sweater or North Face fleece. It’s like living in a blanket, which reminds me of sleeping. I love sleeping. And yes, I’m also a big fan of the Snuggie.
6. The fall TV season. New Glee! New Gossip Girl! New How I Met Your Mother! No time to watch any of them! Thank God for my DVR!
7. Uggs. Yeah, I said it. I like Uggs. It’s fine, I can handle your hate mail. I’m not saying they look great or anything, but who doesn’t love having their feet nestled in lamb’s fleece? It’s like walking on clouds. I wish they made Ugg jumpsuits and it was socially acceptable to wear them. On cold days, Uggs are just the best.
8. The leaves changing colors. I know this is a copout. Everyone loves this about fall. Moving on…
9. The sound of football on TV. Notice I said the sound. I don’t watch football. Large men in shiny spandex pants grunting and tackling and losing brain cells and giving each other lingering health issues isn’t really my thing. But for some reason, I’ll always have a soft spot for the familiar sound of crowds and whistles and the ref announcing calls over the loud speaker.
10. No more mosquitoes. This summer, I was completely annihilated by those vicious blood suckers. I’m still recovering. I’d like to individually go up to each of the 10,203 mosquitoes that bit me this summer and personally blast them with cold fall air. They may have won the battle. But I will win the war. Because they’re all dying right now. Hopefully slowly and painfully. And itchily. HA.
What do you love about fall??
Pingback: Tweets that mention I love fall. And making lists. « Carlie Crash -- Topsy.com
Bonfires and smores! Hearing the leaves crunch under foot. Remembering the days when dad did all the raking and we just made “houses” out of the leaves. Hot chocolate. Fall festivals. Pumpkin pies, muffins, cookies, etc. Being able to hold my husband’s hand and not get overheated. Halloween parties and seeing kid’s costumes. Meeting new students moving into the area. Fall bible study. Thanksgiving and family time. Wow–Carlie, you’ve really got me going! You have a great list! I didn’t even realized I liked fall this much! Thanks for helping me look forward to a beautiful season!
I agree 100% with everything on this list! My only complaint about fall – I wish it would last longer than 6 weeks! I would add pumpkin ale beer to the list as well. 🙂 And totally agree w/ you about the “listening” to football part. I’m trying to get more into it, but I mostly enjoying dozing off to it on a lazy Sunday. 🙂
You’re gonna love this Carl, fall reminds me of bringing home my new baby. Carrying my infant donned in tiny booties and fluffy blankets out of the hospital and into the cool, fresh fall air was the first time I realized how much I love this season. It’s been my favorite ever since.
Pingback: Movin’ on up « Carlie Crash
Pingback: Pumpkin Spice Latte season is NOW « Carlie Crash