Worky work, busy bee! That’s me today. I’m trying to get a bunch of stuff done (including this blog post over my lunch break) because I’m going to be out of commission for the rest of the week.
I don’t know about you, but I love it when “out of commission” means going on vacation and not having surgery.
Twenty-four hours from now, I hope to be relaxing on the beach, drinking a mojito, and hopefully not worrying that my spray tan looks uneven. Oh the joys of being naturally un-tannable.
So, since my mind is full of everything I have to do and racing at about 100 mph right now (I know, I’m a reckless thinker!), I’ve decided to just compile a quick list of random thoughts. It’s the Carlie Crash Lottery. Think of my brain as the clear plastic lottery ball holder thingy and the thoughts as the numbered ping pong balls. Who knows what’s going to pop up?? My mind is like a box of chocolates. Enjoy.
1. I’ve discovered that it is my fate to never run out of lotion at work. For the past 5 years, I’ve always kept one of those mini bottles of Bath & Body Works lotion at my desk. The crazy thing? I haven’t purchased a single one of them myself. They’ve all been given to me. Every time I’m almost out of one, I receive another one as a gift. Example: I literally had about 2 squirts left in my current mini bottle on Friday. On Saturday, I went to a baby shower. The favors? Mini lotions. It’s weird. And convenient. Thank you, God of Mini Lotions. I am truly blessed.
2. Do you know someone who always walks on their tiptoes? I do. Well, I don’t really know her but I see her at my office all time. I’m sure she’s a very nice person, but I’m concerned for the welfare of her feet. She always walks on her tiptoes! Kind of like a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Maybe she feels that heels are overrated. Maybe she’s right. But I doubt it.
3. My dog was making some really weird noises this morning. He gets a little anxious when he can tell I’m about to leave for work. Not because he’s going to miss me, but because I always give him a treat. This morning, the agony of suspense really got to him. It was like he was growling, barking and crying all at the same time. It actually sounded like he was trying to form words. What’s the deal Gatsby? You know I don’t speak Spanish.
4. Sometimes I’ll do something and I’ll think to myself, “that is so Raven.”
Ok, that random thought is actually courtesy of Zach Galifianakis on SNL, but I just thought of it and it amused me.
5. I love putting up my email out-of-office message at work. It’s like telling everyone who wants me to do something to “talk to the hand.”
Ok, that’s it. My brain is fried. I need a nap. Or a vacation. I’ll take the latter!
i still just love this blog! the only problem…my coworkers are gonna start thinking i’m crazy bc i keep laughing out loud. alone. at my desk.
have a great time!
Love the random thoughts!
Oh, and I know who the tip-toer is (if that’s even a word)! If we all notice, how does she not notice?
Have a great vacation!
Love your random thoughts!
Have fun in the Dominican!
LMAO! (ok, that’s my attempt at all that texting/im lingo I don’t understand)…I was definitely laughing out loud reading that blog entry. LOVE it!! Enjoy your vacay and hope to see you soon!
Pingback: You’re in luck…it’s Brain Lottery #2! « Carlie Crash