And suddenly, it’s 2013.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
My activities over the holidays can best be expressed in a dramatic monologue and simultaneous interpretive dance. But Gatsby got camera-shy when I asked to record his performance for the blog. So you’ll have to settle for Instagram. (Did you know that you can follow me on Instagram? Because you can.)
Tea at The Drake
Airport drinks on the way to St. Louis
Christmas morning mimosas with my parents
Warmth! Sunshine! Florida!
Cozy Christmas presents
Wine everywhere at dinner with AGD girls
The best Christmas leftovers
As you can see, the holidays were pretty awesome, and man I want to go back to Florida.
In addition to that half-assed recap, I also have these thoughts:
1. I’ve been reading Are You There, Vodka? It’s me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler, and dammit if that woman’s writing isn’t way more entertaining than mine. I envy her edginess, and I guess I could always go the shock value route, but I have to wait for my parents to die first. Or go blind, or forget how to read. Other women whose writing is better than mine include Tina Fey and Mindy Kaling. Conclusion: comparing myself to professional comedians is not a productive exercise in self-esteem building.
2. Everyone please stop using the phrase “cool beans!” right now. It really makes me wish you weren’t a tool. Also, beans make me think of farting and then I associate that with you. And I really want to like you. I do.
3. I’m pretty sure I had this floral jean jacket in third grade in 1991. It’s now being sold at Gap in 2013. I don’t remember traveling to the future to make the purchase, but I’m not completely ruling it out.
4. Do you say “The Gap” or just “Gap?” I try to avoid saying it altogether because I just don’t know.
5. Showering every day is really starting to feel like a burden. This is very concerning because “second day hair” is not a look that works for me.
6. We recorded a Downton Abbey marathon on PBS about a month ago and watched all of it over the past couple weeks. It’s fabulous. But I just discovered that the DVR didn’t record the last 3 episodes of the second season (whhhyyy???) and there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to watch them online. It is slowly dawning on me that I might never get to see them. I guess that’s the reality of the cold, cruel world we live in.
7. While playing Cards Against Humanity last weekend, I discovered that nothing is funnier to me than random tiny animals wearing human clothes.
Have an un-sucky Monday!