Hello! Remember me? Yes, I know I disappeared for about a month without any warning, but I’m back! I needed to give attention to some other projects and priorities. You understand, don’t you? Let’s just move forward and pretend it never happened.
To get my blogging legs back, I thought I’d just provide a little synopsis of some things that have happened over the past month:
- I found out quinoa is delicious.
- I ran a 5k wearing devil horns and a tail.
- I made friends with a few new babies.
- We booked a winter trip to Florida (can’t wait).
- I decided to start plucking out my grey hairs.
- I discovered a new favorite nail polish color.
- I went to a bonfire party and was introduced to smores made with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (thanks Kelly!)
- I got lost driving around a scary industrial corridor while being chased by a tornado (don’t ask)
- I contributed to the fight against breast cancer by shopping, drinking and watching a fashion show at Saks
- We toured some awesome architecture as part of the Chicago Architectural Foundation Open House and found new beautiful streets in the Gold Coast I never knew existed.
- I finally went to Pops for Champagne (and have no idea why it took this long)
- We had excellent meals at David Burke’s Primehouse, Chicago q, Honey, Cafe Selmarie, Cantina Laredo and 3rd Coast.
- Lake Michigan got angry, but that was nothing compared to the stories we’ve been hearing from New York and New Jersey. I can feel a Red Cross donation coming on…
- And our internet connection started sucking, so I am posting this from my phone. And I’m not happy about it.
What’s that you say? This post is in need of some visuals? I agree. Behold:
That’s it for now! I’ll try not to be gone so long this time…
P.S. Happy voting!